Tuesday 22 April 2014

Why I signed for Enyimba---Sani Kaita

Out-of-favour Nigerian international Sani Kaita has said that he returned to domestic football to join Enyimba because of his commitment to the game.
 Kaita, who won the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) bronze signed a three-month loan stint with the People's Elephant which he believes would give his career a new lease of life.
"I signed for Enyimba because I want to focus only on football. I don't want anything to distract me. Of all of the offers I received, I preferred Enyimba because of their pedigree on the continent having won the Champions League twice. This is the best place for me to come and I believe this will give my career a boost. I want to continue to play football and this is why I opted for home return to join the best team in the country," said Kaita who began his foreign adventure in 2005 with Sparta Rotterdam. 
The former Kano Pillars midfielder who was unceremoniously sent off during the 2010 World Cup group game against Greece also accounted for his exit from his Ukrainian club, Tavriya Simferopol.
"I still had two-and-a-half years left of my contract with Tavriya, but I cancelled the contract
because my leg was worse than I got there. I signed for Enyimba as a free agent and it is not about money but about football. It is like investment, When you make a sacrifice for something today, you never know what will happen tomorrow and I am looking forward to having a fulfilled stay in Enyimba," he said.
Kaita's last appearance for Nigeria was at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa where he bagged a
straight red card for resorting to 'kung-fu' stamp on Greek player in a contest for ball possession, while the Super Eagles despite their early lead eventually lost the match 1-2 to Greece.


...........
Caption: Sani Kaita

No comments:

Post a Comment