Monday 30 September 2013

W/African title:: Nigeria's Great Jude faces Ghanaian boxer, Musa in Lagos

AS Nigerians celebrate the 53rd Independence anniversary across the country on Tuesday, October 1, the place to be remains the Brai Ayonote Boxing Gymnasium inside the National Stadium, Lagos as Jude Ilo battles with Sidiq Musa of Ghana for the West African Boxing Union (WABU) light heavyweight belt.
'Great Jude' who defeated Bassey Ekpeyong in July this year to become the national light heavyweight champion said  in an interview that he is well-prepared for the 12-round showdown with Musa.
"This is a great opportunity for me to go a step further in my boxing career and I won't disappoint Nigerians God willing. I am fighting on October 1 which is Nigeria's Independence Day and this is a boost for me. I appeal to all Nigerians to be at the ringside and give me support even though I have prepared the way I should for this bout," said the business magnate turned boxer.
 The show tagged 'Precise Punches' on the stable of Freels and Threels Promotions will also
feature the light middleweight title defence between champion, Wahab Adebisi and Policeman Sule Olagbade in a 12-round contest.
Jamiu Olabode of the Nigerian Navy will confront Policeman Stephen Nneji in a six-round welterweight challenge as Abolaji Rasheed a.k.a. Rashy King Afonja who joined the professional rank last month trade punches with Dennis Sunday in a light middleweight six-round contest.
Rasheed in a chat expressed his readiness for the bout.
"I am focused and I know I have to be at my best to achieve the best result and that is why I don't underrate any opponent right from my amateur boxing days," the Kwara State-born pugilist who defeated Jamiu Animasahun last month in his professional debut said. 
In the other supporting bouts on the card, WABU bantamweight champion, Sheriff Kareem will face Chibuzor T. Boy while Waidi Usman takes on Paul Chukwuka also in an eight-round featherweight challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment