Monday 2 September 2013

Sturridge propelled me to join Liverpool--Moses

Sturridge propelled me to join Liverpool--Moses

NIGERIAN international Victor Moses has said that the encouragement received from Daniel Sturridge inspired him to sign for Liverpool on loan.
Moses told 'liverpoolfc.tv' that the loan move from Chelsea is the best thing to have happened to his career.
"Yes, I spoke to Studge and he wanted me to come here. He said I'd love it here, but he didn't need to say much. The next morning, I had a word with my agent and told him it could be the right move for me. As I've said, it's a massive club with great history. The club is doing well, so I wanted to come here and enjoy my football. It's been great - I've been here since yesterday and everyone has been looking after me," Moses said.
The 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner with the Super Eagles stated that helping Liverpool to grab one of the UEFA Champions League ticket at the end of the season.
"The most important thing is for me to be professional about it and I'm here to do a job for the club. The target is to get into the top four and for the club to compete in the Champions League - and I'm delighted to be here.
"It's definitely the right move - this is a massive club with all the history. The club has come a long way and it's great to be here and to be playing for Liverpool. I'm delighted to be here and I just want to enjoy my football," said the Nigeria forward.
It will be recalled that manager Jose Mourinho left Moses out of the Chelsea squad which lost the UEFA Super Cup last Friday to Bayern Munich via penalties.
....................................

Caption: Victor Moses at Anfield


Globacom Premier League Table, Week 29

                  Pts- Mp Gd   
1-Bayelsa Utd     49--28--+4
2- Kano Pillars   48--27--+5
3- Elkanemi       47--28---9
4- Enyimba        46--28--+9
5- Kwara Utd      44--28--+8
6- Gombe Utd      43--28---6
7- Warri Wolves   42--28--+9
8- Rangers        42--28--+5
9- Heartland      40--28--+8
10- Dolphins      40--28---1
11- Akwa Utd      40--27---3
12- Sharks        39--28---4
13- Sunshine      38--28--+1
14- Kaduna Utd    38--28---8
15  Lobi          38--28---8
16- Nembe City    38--28---10
17- 3SC           37--28--+1
18- ABS           37--28---8
19- Wikki         36--28---5
20- Nasarawa Utd  36--28---8

Abia Warriors' promotion excites lady boxer, Okebugwu

Lightweight boxer, Flora Okebugwu is excited by the promotion of Abia Warriors to the Nigeria professional Professional League (NPFL).
Abia Warriors at the weekend defeated Akwa Starlets 4-0 to finish first on the log of the Nigeria Nationwide League (NNL) ahead of Crown FC of Ogbomoso which finished with 44 points after a 1-0 win in the last game against Fountain FC of Ekiti.
Okebugwu who won a silver medal for Abia State at the last 18th National Sports Festival, Eko 2012 said the state capital would soon witness a transformation.
"Abia Warrior FC victory would turn Umuahia into a sports tourism State. Bravo," declared Okebugwu, who is also a kick-boxer.
Meanwhile, Giwa FC and FC Taraba also grabbed promotion tickets in group A of the just-
concluded NNL season.
FC Taraba Giwa on the final day defeated Jos-based Giwa FC 1-0 but the result ensured both sides landed in the Globacom Premier League next season. 


No comments:

Post a Comment