Tuesday 25 March 2014

Ahead World Cup: Mikel, Moses give Keshi sleepless nights

HEAD Coach of Nigeria, Stephen Keshi is having sleepless nights over the inablity of John Obi Mikel and
Victor Moses to play regularly for their clubs in England, as the duo remain integral part of the Super Eagles squad to the forthcoming World Cup in Brazil.
"It's unfortunate that Mikel and Moses are not playing at their clubs regularly but these kids are good football players," Keshi declared at a Tom Tom roundtable forum on Tuesday in Lagos.
He continued: "I would love them to be consistent at their clubs, to play every game but unfortunately I can't control that.
"I think they're in good shape because when I saw Mikel in the last game (against Mexico), he was sharp.
"I spoke to Moses about what is going on and he gave me an answer that I cannot say otherwise. It's difficult but I still need them, the team needs them".
The former coach of Togo and Mali however, stressed that Mikel and Moses do not need rudimentary
lessons to fit into the national team saying that "They are not kids that I need to teach how to play football but it's just the chemistry that I need to bring into the team, I mean the unity, the understanding"
Moses has not been having a fair playing time since he joined Liverpool on loan this season as manager Brendan Rodgers prefers Raheem Sterling to the guy who won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) in South Africa with Nigeria.
Also, Mikel in Chelsea has equally be confined to the bench since the arrival of Nemanja Matic at Stamford Bridge.

Caption: Moses and Mikel united by fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment