Sunday 6 October 2013

I'm in Liverpool to enjoy my football--Moses

NIGERIAN international Victor Moses has said that he is in Liverpool to exhibit his own brand of football that would earn the team goals.
The on-loan player from Chelsea told www.liverpoolfc.com that he is not under pressure whatsoever to deliver given the position of his manager, Brendan Rodgers.
"I'm confident with wherever the manager wants to play me. So, for me, it's just about enjoying my football. The manager has said he wants me to go out there and enjoy my football, create and score goals. I'm very comfortable with the No. 10 role. I don't really mind wherever I play up front," said Moses who scored on his debut for Liverpool in a 2-2 draw with Swansea at the Stadium of Light.
The former Crystal Palace forward stated that his main preoccupation is to offer support for Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge upfront.
"We all know Suarez and Sturridge are both great strikers and probably two of the best strikers in the Premier League at the moment. Suarez coming back is a big boost for us and linking up with Sturridge up front is really vital for us this season.
"I think they can both do as well as they want this season as a pair of strikers. The most important thing is that they score for us. I can see them both scoring more goals in every game because their link-up play is incredible. I'm just here to do my job and try to support them in any way that I can to make sure that they score more goals," said the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner.
Moses who is among the players listed by coach Stephen Keshi for the October 13 World cup
play-off with Ethiopia in Addis Ababa also acknowledged that he is undergoing tutorial in Liverpool.
"Daniel (Sturridge) is the same in training as he is in the games. You can learn a lot from him because he is an experienced player as well," Moses owned up. "I've played a lot of games and I've been around him a lot, and it's a pleasure to play alongside him."
Moses had tweeted after scoring on debut for The Reds that: “Good point for us but disappointed not to win the game. Amazing feeling to score my first #LFC goal”.

No comments:

Post a Comment