Wednesday 26 September 2018

First time I cried after winning------Federer

Roger Federer often gets emotional when he wins big titles. At both 2017 and 2018 Australian Open the Swiss legend cried after conquering the title, as well as at 2017 Wimbledon, just to make some recent examples, reports www.tennisworldusa.org.
Does Federer get surprised in seeing himself getting emotional? 'I am not surprised, because I've always been an emotional tennis player', the 37-year-old said. 'I used to be so emotional when I used to lose.


"Then eventually, I think it was the first time in Davis Cup against the Americans after winning singles, doubles, singles, I was so exhausted, the pressure left me, I think I had tears in my eyes after winning. It was the first time I had winning tears.
"Ever since, I've had many of them. I've been an emotional player when it was all said and done really. But I try to keep my emotions in check while the tournament is going on because I feel like I need to save it in case there is something more.
"Can't be an emotional rollercoaster throughout the whole career, season, or match. So I'm more surprised in all the things I have achieved. I'm shocked every time that I've reached so many finals or won against so many players or whatever record it is.
"It strikes me and makes me obviously very happy and very proud that I've been able to do it for so many years at the highest of levels."

No comments:

Post a Comment