Thursday 1 March 2018

I'm the most dangerous heavyweight boxer---Wilder

Deontay Wilder claims that Anthony Joshua needs to recognise that Wilder, and not Tyson Fury is the “most dangerous” heavyweight in boxing.

Wilder, set to defend his WBC heavyweight title against Luis Ortiz, has been calling out Joshua for a unification fight for most of 2017, and believes that Joshua needs to re-examine the notion of Fury being more dangerous than the Alabama knockout artist.


“If the people around Joshua really cared about him and loved him, I think someone should’ve tapped him on the shoulder and whispered in his ear to tell him he’s got it all wrong,” Wilder exclusively told Sky Sports.


“Everyone knows that Tyson Fury isn’t the biggest threat in the heavyweight division. Everyone knows who is the man in the heavyweight division, hands down.


“I have that ability to do anything I want. I am the most dangerous man in the division, hands down. There hasn’t been anyone I have fought that I haven’t knocked out.”
Wilder believes that there is a psychological reason for Joshua claiming that Fury is the toughest fighter.


“So if he [Joshua] says that, and he needs to keep that in his mind to feel confident because we know this fight will happen. If that gives him the confidence he needs to try and beat me, he is entitled to his own opinion.”


Caption: Red-hot Wilder (left), deals with an opponent.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment