Tuesday 18 February 2014

I can still go to World Cup--Obasi

NIGERIAN international and Schalke 04 of Germany forward Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi is still hopeful of making the Super Eagles squad to the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.
The Enugu State-born Obasi at the moment is not in the plan of Nigeria head coach Stephen Keshi and the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) bronze medallist said he has not lost hope of appearing in the M
"The decision of the coach is final, nobody can query him but that does not mean I am out of the World Cup team," said Obasi, who is not listed for the March 5 friendly against Mexico in the United States.
The Beijing 2008 Olympics silver medallist who has just recovered from injury stated that he does not have any ill-feelings over his exit from the Super Eagles.
"In fact, I don't have anything against Keshi. Of course yes, I want to play for Nigeria again for a long period like any other player, but the truth is that we can't all be there at the same time.
"Really I don't expect the coach to give me an automatic invitation, and maybe my best is not good enough at present, but I will keep working hard. I won't give up because I have what it takes to play for the Super Eagles again," said Obasi, who played at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
.............

Caption: Obasi.

No comments:

Post a Comment